Yes, Clarkston Area Youth Assistance has been around for fifty two years. We thought you'd enjoy some information about the impact and presence that CAYA has had over those years.
- CAYA has provided after school tutoring through its "Homework Club" at Bridgewater Park Apartments since 2004.
- CAYA has sent 1579 children to summer camp.
- CAYA has provided scores of Family Education Programs since 1967, for example, 'No More Whining', 'The Importance of being a Dad', 'Becoming a non-critical parent', ....
- CAYA's Mentor's Plus Program has provided an adult mentor for many Clarkston children since 1978.
- CAYA has conducted annual Youth Recognition Ceremonies honoring 2,727 Clarkston youth for their service given to this community.
- CAYA has provided "Virginia Walter" scholarships to financially assist children in building skills in the areas of education, sports, music, art, and community activities.
- CAYA volunteers contributed over 2,000 service hours to the youth of Clarkston in 2015.
- CAYA has provided a court appointed case worker to handle referrals.